1. He went ahead ________ all warnings about the danger of his mission.
A) in case of
B) because of
C) regardless of
D) prior to
2. We object ________ punishing a whole group for one person’s fault.
3. Jack is good, kind, hard-working and intelligent; ________; I can’t speak too highly of him.
A) as a result
B) in a word
C) by the way
D) on the contrary
4. The man to whom we handed the forms pointed out that they had not been _______ filled in.
5. I shall have companion in the house after all these ________ years.
6. After a long and exhausting journey, they arrived ________.
A) till the last
B) at last
C) by the end
D) at the end
7. None of the servants were ________ when Mr. Smith wanted to send a message.
8. I can’t ________ what that object is.
A) make up
B) make over
C) make out
D) make for
9. I want to buy a new tie to ________ this brown suit.
A) go into
B) go after
C) go with
D) go by
10. The newest satellite can ________ a thousand telephone conversations and a colour TV program at the same time.